Noise from car windows

Omad

I was just ondering if anyone has had this problem before, I have an 3 door 04 Audi A3 and there is a squeeke/rattle comming from the windows on the on both doors. There does not appear to be anything loose and the noise seems to be coming from the glass moving against the seal in the doors as the door is stressed while driving.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so is there anything that can be done?

Hmm. I had a similar issue with an Alfa 147 this past weekend-having said that the roads of East Clare aren't exactly what the doctor ordered.

Glad som one has this problem and I am not the only one!!!!

I have this problem with a focus and its driving me mad.Cant pinpoint the cause of the squeaking,seems to be in the doors or the rubber sealing,but on any kind of un even road all you hear id this constant squeaking!

for some reason it is worse on hot days!

Garage dont want to know and ford wont even give a suggestion as to what it might be!it id driving me mad though...

Surely some one must have an informed opinion as to what causes it!!

A bit of vaseline can stop this - it is noise from the seals rubbing against each other. The vaseline helps to keep them supple.

Back