Nobel Peace Prize

That just makes a farce of the whole thing. He's barely in the door. I like Obama but this just seems totally undeserved compared to some of the other winners. I just don't think you can compare him with the likes of Mother Teresa.

That just makes a farce of the whole thing. He's barely in the door. I like Obama but this just seems totally undeserved compared to some of the other winners. I just don't think you can compare him with the likes of Mother Teresa.

Fair enough she helped lepers and lived amoung the poorest of the poor but how did she promote peace? :confused:

meanwhile in other news - first African-American president is seen walking on water

Bush family was unavailable for comment

you got to hand it to Obama - he really knew how to play the race card.

Then again - what exactly was the competition after McCain was stymied with Palin - the republican party did not want in again to fix the big mess.

Fair enough she helped lepers and lived amoung the poorest of the poor but how did she promote peace? :confused:

You might have to ask the Nobel committee but my point is she won the peace prize. I suppose she promoted peace in terms of kindness, charity and helping your fellow man.

You might have to ask the Nobel committee but my point is she won the peace prize. I suppose she promoted peace in terms of kindness, charity and helping your fellow man.

I have been kind, given to charity and eaten peanuts...

I still can't equate the difference between Mother Teresa and Obama being awarded The Nobel Peace Prize. Neither have done anything to deserve it.

I still can't equate the difference between Mother Teresa and Obama being awarded The Nobel Peace Prize. Neither have done anything to deserve it.

Well I think Mother Teresa deserved recognition for her work and the Nobel website refers to the Peace prize being extended to humanitarian work as well as work directly related to bringing about peace but that's beside the point. Obama definitely doesn't deserve it. I can see plenty of people being annoyed by this.

Where's the justice??? Miss World asks for world peace but it's Obama who picks up the prize. Shameful.;)

Winners of this prize include:

Al Gore
Mohamed El Baradei
Jimmy Carter
Kofi Annan
Yasser Arafat

Some of the above do not qualify for anything called a "peace prize". I'm also detecting a very very strong tinge of US liberal agenda in the winners - definate political undertones. I thought that the Nobel organisation are supposed to be politically neutral and reward genuine attempts to bring peace to the world. I'm sure Nobel must be turning in his grave.

I'm also detecting a very very strong tinge of US liberal agenda in the winners - definate political undertones. I thought that the Nobel organisation are supposed to be politically neutral and reward genuine attempts to bring peace to the world. I'm sure Nobel must be turning in his grave.

Nobel has been spinning for years.
Henry Kissinger!!!! Ghandi never got one and was nominated 3 if not 4 times.

In Nobel's own words, it should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

Obama has done none of these things.

Back