no water coming from full tank in attic

lemrac

Hi guys,

there water has stopped coming from the tank in my attic so no showers, toilets, sinks working. The tank is full. Any suggestions as to the problem and a solution?

thank you
L

I had a similar problem, water only trickling through, and it turned out that someone had stood on a pipe in the attic and the water couldnt get through...

Hi guys,

there water has stopped coming from the tank in my attic so no showers, toilets, sinks working. The tank is full. Any suggestions as to the problem and a solution?

thank you
L

Have you had any plumbing work done recently? Is both the hot and cold water affected?

Anything blocking the outlet (near the bottom) from the tank internally ?- insulation, silt, pigeon?

haven't had any plumbing done. Also had a look at the outlet it seems clear.

L

there is water coming from the hot taps but I'm presuming that's because it was full when the water stopped coming from the tank.

L

there is water coming from the hot taps but I'm presuming that's because it was full when the water stopped coming from the tank.

L

First thing to check is that the valve in the hot press is open.

This valve should be pretty high and the pipe runs through the hot press and is in no way connected to the cylinder.

You may have a blockage or an air lock.

To clear air lock do the following:
If you have mixer bath taps with a shower attachment, screw head off shower hose and turn on hot water, when the water runs from shower hose cover it with your thumb and then turn on cold tap. In effect you are forcing the hot water up the cold line.

If you don't have a shower attachment you'll have to cover the spout of the mixer tap with a cloth and hold tightly.

If you don't have a any mixer taps in bathroom and only seperate taps then use a piece of piping to connect spouts together and force water from one to the other.

I find bicycle wheel tube ideal for this type of job and has been a tool in my bag for many years.

Just did the mixer tap solution and it worked straight off! Thank you so very much!

L

Back