No solid floor for 15 months?

Some usefull [broken link removed] here too.

You didn't say who's laying the floor or are you doing it yourself?

Some usefull [broken link removed] here too.

You didn't say who's laying the floor or are you doing it yourself?
A friend of a friend..just didnt want to go annoying him about stuff until i got my facts straight!

i hate to tell you, but they were actually doing it the best way. floating results in mininal noise and allows the floor to move. it is perfectly acceptable even for solid woods provided you use floor clamps to hold the boards tight together while the glue is setting. from personal experience, i can tell you that secret nailing is a disaster doors need cutting and as the wood moves, it will stretch the nails resulting in the terrible uncureable creaks over time

Ok a carpenter suggested laying 6mm of viscreen and/or elastalon under the solid floor as a moisture barrier..both of which ive never heard of! Is this an option if i still stick with the solid wood? Does this mean the concrete still has to be dry or can it be used as a protectant if its not totally dry?

The relative humidity of a concrete floor without a moisture barrier must be less than 60% and with a moisture barrier, less than 80%. To check the humidity, either use a hygrometer, or place a plastic sheet (PE) firmly over the floor for 4-5 days. If there are water drops underneath the plastic sheet or if the concrete has turned darker, the floor is too moist. A moisture barrier (plastic sheet, PE) is recommended underneath the hardwood boards and the sound insulation material if the floor is laid on top of concrete, or above damp spaces such as sauna, washroom or basement.

From above [broken link removed]