No Ryanair flights at Christmas?

littleduck

I've been searching for flights with Ryanair from East Midlands Airport to Derry around Christmas and no flights seem to be available.

A friend of mine has been looking for flights from Shannon to East Midlands Airport (to visit me) around the weekend of the the 28th November. Again no flights seem to be available.

Are we just unlucky or are other people having problems finding flights with Ryanair?

Has the bubble of Ryanair and cheap flights finally burst and no one told me?

littleduck

Re: No Ryanair flights are Christmas?

Wasnt Ryanair grounding a lot of planes this Christmas due to Fuel costs? This may be your answer

Wasnt Ryanair grounding a lot of planes this Christmas due to Fuel costs? This may be your answer

i heard this too, im driving over this year that way i wont have to worry about my luggage allowance

They are stopping Shannon / East Midlands at the end of October along with Cork / East Midlands.

If it is a new route, there is a [broken link removed]menu item on the Ryanair site that tells you when the route starts.

If it is an existing route, the only way I could find is to use the [broken link removed]search and to click forward to the next week to see when the route starts/ ends.

Thanks very much for the responses and links. I still can't find any flights home (East Midlands Airport to Derry). As I can't find anything else on their website I'll try calling the Ryanair desk at EMA and see if they know anything. Will let you know how I get on.

Hmmm buying a house in Nottingham seemed such a good idea last year- good investment and easy cheap flights to Ireland. Ah well you live and learn

Just to let you know I couldn't get through to Ryanair but the Derry Airport people told me that Ryanair are stopping flights from EMA to Derry at the end of this month (Oct 2008) and instead going from/to Birmingham.

As far as I can see there has been no announcement of this:-(