No Pressure to Combi Boiler

bugler

I have a Logic 30 combi Boiler. In the house there are a mix of old rads and new. The old ones had never been bled, as they have the old style square valve and I never had the right tool for it. I finally got the right tool but now wish I hadn't!

I bled 3 of the 4 old style rads without incident, some of them had quite a bit of air in them. The last of the 4 was always the coldest, when I attempted to bleed it I found air came out but no water ever did. It just kept on letting out air until it stopped.

I went back downstairs only to find that the heating had seemingly turned off. Upon looking it was showing error code F - 1 which means low pressure. sure enough the gauge is at zero. We have no hot water and no heating.

I followed the fairly easy instructions to attach the filler loop and re-pressurise, but it is not working. There is no movement on the gauge.

I have two black taps on the right, one front and one back, and two blue on the left, one front and one back. The manual makes it look as though it is only the two front ones (one blue and one black) to be turned and this should repressure, but there is no reaction no matter the combinations I try.

There is water getting through into the filler loop, I know because I attempted to remove it while the valve was open and got a nice splash of water for my trouble.

Any ideas?

Back