No mention about Eurovision???

Well that was a bit disappointing. I didn't think they would win but thought they might score higher

Au contraire, I thought they did very well. They did much better that many recent Irish entrants, it was nice to be in contention for once. Great craic in the pub when they shot up to 3rd.

What I learned from the whole thing was the French song was in Corsican

I'd never heard of this language/dialect before

Well done to the winners but 2010 was far better and superior songs in my opinion. I bought the album, cracking toones!

we were robbed, Jedward were brilliant. The usual geo political voting took over.
I took my kids to their concert and they were super. Such energy!

Gormless , totally without talent & hugely annoying but I wouldn't begrudge them the few bob as kids seem to enjoy them & they have the requisite brass necks - everyone to their own .

Bring back Dustin !

Gormless , totally without talent & hugely annoying but I wouldn't begrudge them the few bob as kids seem to enjoy them & they have the requisite brass necks - everyone to their own .

Bring back Dustin !

Sorry Deise, but you're way off the mark there. The Real Taoiseach's nephew, was the man!!! And this video for his Eurovision entry was shot in Town, as well!

Happy days for the Happy Man!

The Real Taoiseach

Two comments after the eurovision

1. we should so not repay the bailout money after the voting that went on.
2. Poland only gave us 1 point, we surely should have gotten 12 off them.

Sad to admit but myself and Mrs F were glued to the Eurovision on Sat night. I was at the edge of my seat when we got our first 12 points. Statistically we can't win this event with the way countries vote for their neighbours. Lena from Germany stole the show for me though

I think there's a bit too much made of the political voting issue although I will readily admit that some of the point-awarding is as predictable as death & taxes and a half-decent song from the former Soviet bloc is always going to be there or thereabouts at the end.

Some of it has to be put down to common musical likes as well though. Neither Ireland nor UK gave Azerbaijan any points at all on Saturday but the UK gave us 12 points.

However, the previous 2 winners were Germany & Norway, neither of whom could be regarded as the most popular countries on the continent, yet their songs were still good enough to win.

I thought their performances were very good. The song is so bad its ok - perfect for Eurovision.

Best of luck to them - dont think I could be in the same room as them though, they'd drive me spare.