No Insurance at guarda checkpoint, how screwed am I?

Actually there is and because he failed to disclose such information, most likely the policy is invalid in any case. Being caught without insurance is one thing, telling them you'll deliver the certificate to the station and then trying to get insurance after the fact, while failing to disclose a pending prosecution... this is not looking at all good. Legal advice PDQ would seem to be the order of the day.
There is no prosecution pending unless you have other detail that the rest of us don't.

Can u plz update on the courts proceeding?

It was in the papers. He hired Frank Murphy (Cork GAA Parish) who managed to find a loophole in the legislation. Apparently, there is no law that you must have insurance, only that you intend to get insurance so once you say 'I was going to get it tomorrow', you will be fine.....

It was in the papers. He hired Frank Murphy (Cork GAA Parish) who managed to find a loophole in the legislation. Apparently, there is no law that you must have insurance, only that you intend to get insurance so once you say 'I was going to get it tomorrow', you will be fine.....

Is this real? Have you a link to the press report

I am in Kerry, does anyone have any further information on this loophole? I had insurance with the AA which advertises you are fully
Insured to drive all
Cars but upon checking after being stopped I was told I had a budget policy!!! Yes it’s my fault for not reading the small print but I believed their advertising. Now im
At risk of losing my job, kids not being able to get to school and just an awful life in Ireland without a means to get anywhere. Looking for some hope

Back