No Fee Satellite

vidapura

There's a coupla guys around my area offering 'No Fee' Satellite TV.
One of em explained it to me .. he'll install the Sky dish, sky box and give me a 'hacked' sky card, all for €500.

Sounds great.

Anyone had experience of this? Can the card time-out ? I've read about a trick on ebay where people cancel their sky sub, then sell the card.. which operates away for a month or so until sky deactivate it...
But these guys are local, the one I was talking to is established and has the van with company name on it etc...

Thanks
Vida

Well, Sky send me a new card every 18 months or so (and deactivate the old one) saying its for security purposes, so I can't imagine your card would last forever.

Sky always have some sort of deal on, such as pay €75 for installation and get the dish and box free and subscriptions start at €30 per month so it doesn't seem as if they are offering you such a great deal at €500.

Also, Lidl recently had a dish and box for €100 that gets all the freeview channels so you could even look into something like that.

Yeah.. yer man says the card will never expire...its hacked in some way and unless sky change their security/encoding.....
And for sky you've to sign up for 12 months yea?
So you pay... €360 every year (plus the €75 install ) don't you?

So if yer mans card worked for two years I'd be in profit.. so to speak ??

As for freeview.. yeah like it, like it a lot.. but the boss wants Channel 4 (for big brother etc) .. so its not going to suit....

Surely you'd also be stealing from Sky?!

Is this guy not breaking the law offering 'hacked' Sky cards?

vidapura said:
give me a 'hacked' sky card, all for €500.

My local guy doing a similar deal for €450, i think it wasn't a hacked card rather a freeview card from the uk. It had all the bbc channels but not utv/ch4 and a load of other not well known channels . If it is a freeview card he's doing if you google it you will get a list of the channels.

AFAIK this is an option in the uk where there is no monthly fee for such cards

NO NO NO.

You're best bet is to get free install from Sky. Subscribe for the minimum of 12 months, paying the minimum fee, which last time i checked was about 30 a month. You then own the equipment. Then get any mate in the UK to buy a FREE SAT FROM SKY Card for 20 pounds sterling. Get them to activate it. You can then use it in your box and you will get ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. Bear in mind you CANNOT get RTE, TV3, or TG4 off sat no matter what, unless you are subscribing to an Irish Sky package. You will still need your aerial.

For 500 euros they saw you coming buddy...its not a hacked Sky Card....noone has managed to hack it yet. They are selling you a dish and decoder and a UK ex subscription card or else one of those free sat from sky cards.

Go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55 and the guys there will help you out.

Hi

I cancelled my SKY subscription in July this year thinking that the box would not be of any use to me.

However, even though the subscription is cancelled I still have access to BBC1, 2, 3 and 4, SKY News ,ITV News, two Travel Channels, Horror Channel, True Stories Movies, a handful of the music channels and all the shopping channels.

I view RTE1 and 2, TV3 and RnG via an aerial.

Am I correct in saying that I should only be able to continue viewing these Sat channels as long as my SKY card is active. I don't remember when the last one came through, but it was probably around December (as that's when I originally joined them).

Has this happened to anyone else and how long were you able to continue viewing SAT channels.
Thanks

"However, even though the subscription is cancelled I still have access to BBC1, 2, 3 and 4, SKY News ,ITV News, two Travel Channels, Horror Channel, True Stories Movies, a handful of the music channels and all the shopping channels."

This are free to receive over satelitte so unless the companies in question(rather than Sky) change their policies these will be free forever. In addition, ITV1 and ITV2 will be free early next year for you.
Finally, if you know someone in the UK you could ask them to order a free sat from sky card for you for 20 sterling. after they activate the card, they can send it to you. When you then slot this card into your Sky box, you would be able to receieve ITV1 and 2 without waiting for it to go free to air next year and you would receieve Channel 4 and Channel 5 for free also.

Back