No communication from Solicitors

reddanmm

Hi all
A family member of mine was awarded a compensation claim mid November ( claim was settled on steps of court) his solicitor advised him that he would have the money in December.
it is now February and his solicitor is ignoring all communications with him . He has not received any of his money and is a loss as what to do . He has emailed and phoned the office but no one is getting back to him .
Would appreciate any advice .

Write a formal letter giving him 7 days to pay the money in full and if the money is not received, he will make a formal complaint to the Law Society and seek their help in recovering the money.

It's quite possible that the other side has not paid yet. But even so, the solicitor should have informed you.

Brendan

Thanks Ravima . The solicitor has finally answered and he says that he has not received the money and he will have to sue the insurance company Solicitors who are down the road from him.
The insurance company was with Qudos a Danish Company that went bankrupt.

From what I have read the Danish government have covered all claims relating to this company through the danish guarantee fund .
This case has gone on for 4 years as the Solicitor forgot to submit the case to the injuries board so he lost 11 months.

Also if the Solicitor is going to sue for the money will he have to pay all these costs as well.
The Solicitor is very vague on details .
Any advice or experience of this is very welcome .

Last edited:
Alas, I can't assist in that, as I don't know the procedure.

Was it a motor claim? If so, the MIBI should be able to assist. It is YOU that is suing the Danish Insurer, not your solicitor. You are also suing the Insurer and not the solicitors, 'down the road from your solicitor'. Costs should be explained to you.

Alas, I can't assist in that, as I don't know the procedure.

Was it a motor claim? If so, the MIBI should be able to assist. It is YOU that is suing the Danish Insurer, not your solicitor. You are also suing the Insurer and not the solicitors, 'down the road from your solicitor'. Costs should be explained to you.
Hi it was a motor accident and the guy that crashed in to him was insured by this company . It has nothing to do with the MIBI or costs. The Danish guarantee fund have covered all claims . The case was settled in November and an award was made .
His barrister told him he should have the money before Xmas .
He has tried in vain to communicate with the Solicitor since January. He finally got a reply yesterday to say that he had not received the money and he was drafting up papers to sue the insurers solicitor.

There's no point in suing the insurers solicitors. They were acting on instructions from the Insurer and cannot be liable for the Insurer's non payment. Perhaps there is a delay in getting funds from Denmark??

Perhaps there is a delay in getting funds from Denmark??
Maybe but I wish he would say this . He has no way of finding this out as his Solicitor has giving him this explanation which frankly I find ridiculous.
Trying to get answers from him is painful .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back