No Claims Bonus - is having above 5yrs meaningless?

RMCF

I noticed that nearly every website that you check for car insurance quotes max out at 5yrs for NCB.

Also heard on the radio today that advert for the €280 insurance, and notice that is listed 5yrs NCB as one of the necessary criteria.

Wondering if having 16yrs like myself makes no difference to having 5yrs when it comes to price? Anyone know?

So someone with 30yrs NCB would get no advantage over someone with 5?

Insurance is a con!

Once you reach the max that's it. Having said that, there usually are age-related add'l discounts, ie over 50's etc, a lot of discounts then disappear again after 70. BTW advertising percentage discounts is a marketing swizz, over 70% or whatever is irrelevant unless you know what its 70% of.

I think, you only get 5yrs when you transfer to another company, some companies give you a bit extra for longer. It probably varies from company to company. Also some times you can't have multiple discounts so you might get one for a spouse on the same policy but not for having your house insurance with the same company.

+1 on its a scam otherwise they'd publish the criteria to reduce your premium. As they don't they can tell you anything.