No bank statements ever issued

W

whatnow

Regarding a joint mortgage taken out in 1996 we have never received the monthly statement. I phoned and requested this info last month and was told that they only go back 3 months, we are now in difficulty and have over 6 months of non payment what do i do now to find the history of this

are you sure it's a monthly statement you're looking for? With EBS mortgage we only get one annually.

do a search on AAM for Freedom of Information Act. I think i saw a thread here recently and someone looking for old statements was advised to request them under this Act.

You mean the Data Protection Act. Freedom of information only applies to government bodies.

Mortgage statements are usually only sent out annually. Where was your monthly payment coming from? If it was coming from your current account then look at your current account statement.
You will find that the counter staff in a branch will only be able to print off the last three months from their screen. They should be able to request statements backdated from their head office , no problem though, and maybe at a cost to you.
Why have you never noticed that you were not getting statements for a 13 year old mortgage?