Nissan Patrol 2004-2006

RedTop

Looking for feedback on the Nissan Patrol from 2004-2006. I need something big & powerful to carry large loads but I also need good reliability. Even though Toyota Landcruiser is rated the highest reliability, I am not fond of the look of it. I had terrible problems with a Landrover Discovery previously and Mitsubishi reliability seems to have gone way down in recent years. Feedback ?

Looking for something powerful? not the Patrol. Old technology engine. Bug lump.

Thanks for the feedback. I have heard them called "Big Lumps" a few times and they are probably due an upgrade soon. I've seen some articles & photos indicating an upgrade in 2010, but my budget will only stretch to a used 2006 model. So, what would you recommend instead ?

Mitsubishi 3.2 is a good machine, problems where with the 2.5 gear boxes, few enough with any 3.2 for whatever reason. Get one with some service history as oil changes are important. They will take abuse but some folks take even that to the limit..!
I've a 04 3.2 myself with 90k and not a problem (touch wood)...!
Best of luck

we have a 99 Isuzu Trooper since the end of 2007. I use it daily for work and then weekends it's used on dirt tracks. I know there were issues with injector seals, but the recall had been carried out on our before we bought it.

All we've had to spend on it (apart from new alternator couple of weeks ago) is regular servicing, which we do ourselves.

It's a seven seater, but the two very rear seats are really only suitable for small kids.

There's plenty of power, comfort level spot on and as i said, i use it for getting to work every day. Hand on heart, i wouldn't drive anything after having this beast. :D

unless anyon'e offering a new or used vanquish?;)

Back