Nissan Note or anything similar?

Petal

I am tempted to buy a Nissan Note. Have driven one before and absolutely loved it. It feels very spacious and is much bigger than it looks. I particularly liked that you're a bit higher than in standard cars (as is the case in Jeeps and the like, I used to drive a Suzuki Jeep many years ago). I've seen a couple 2006 reg for about 15K (which is the absolute max for me) but am wondering if I should look at anything else, but I'm not a car expert.
I want something in and around that size and like the space and height of vehivle and don't want to big an engine size, but I wouldn't mind paying a bit less and that's (15K) the cheapest I've seen them for.
Any recommendations?

The Opel Meriva is something else you could consider. It's very spacious and a smooth enough ride for what it is. It is very similar to the Note size wise. I was sitting in the back with along with 2 other adults and was surprised at the amount of room. The Citroen Picasso might also be worth a look but I think it would be slightly bigger than what you're looknig for. I agree with you, it is nice to be that little bit extra height. I've a micra and always fell swamped by other larger cars beside me!

Thanks Joey, the Meriva does actually look quite like the Note and I like it on first look.. I must investigate further...

the skoda roomster is new to the market, is very similar to the note but bigger, better and cheaper

I totally agree with you, I loved the Note when I had it as a hire car. Hubby had a Meriva as a courtesy car for a weekend and it was awful. Pure plastic.

I haven't managed to buy one yet... I was looking into it and went to a big dealer who sells the cheapest 2006 notes (~15K). I tried to get some money off, but didn't have much luck, 200 Euros off was what they offered. So I went away not sure whether I should push for more (paying in cash and no trade in)?
But just looking at that Skoda - it does look good I must admit, still out of my range though. Don't know much about Skoda either, I guess I always think can't go wrong with a Japanese car.... Is Skoda a reliable manufacturer?

I would go into a main Nissan dealership and ask about getting a demo model. You can get good deals that way on current year cars.