Nissan Almera Question

Smashbox

Hi all

I have a 2001 Nissan Almera. I took it in for a service and it needed various things done with it. I've never had a problem with this car so didn't mind forking out for the repairs (Brakes, Tyres etc)

The mechanic has told me that the wiper spindle is broken and will need replacing. He said it will cost €300 (€250 parts + €50 labour)

I have two questions.

1. Will the part really cost this much? Seems a bit much, considering my wipers are still working, albeit squeaking a bit (I thought it was wiper blade problems)

2. He said it will fail on the NCT on this. It's due for the test in Feb, would they really fail you on this considering I can't see a problem with it?

Thanks for all your help

I'd put it in for the NCT anyway - if it fails, worry about it then.

€300 seems a lot but I don't know much about the part or work involved.

Although if it's a main dealer it's not surprising.

You could try sourcing the part yourself - try micksgarage.ie or the parts and accessories section of autotrader.

hi
during the nct they will check the washer system, spray the water on and wipe the screen, thats the only check really,
i would try the scrap yards for spares , must be loads of almeras scrapped at this stge in them.

sounds like crazy money to me, and too much on a car that age,, is he using new nissan parts on 2001 car, not worth it , id go scond hand or try some one else for a second opinion, might just need some grease and tighten up maybe