Nintendo DS Lite - broken hinge

hansov

Anybody know where I could get the hinge on hansov Junior's DS lite repaired. The little "treasure" (words could not explain how mad I was with him!) dropped it last week while it was open. The left hand hinge cracked, a piece broke off but the hinge still manages to hold the two screens together - barely!

I managed to glue a broken hinge back together.It's still together after 3 weeks of almost constant use.I stuck it with Loctite"super plastix" It's a two part glue,a liquid in a plastic bottle(activator) and a tube of what looks like traditional super glue.It's worth a bash anyway.

Are u sure the fall did it? Is it still under 12month warrenty? There is a known issue with DS-Lites that the hinges crack and break on them, I've had one replaced all ready you need to call Nintendo customer service and they'll give u an RMA number

Romero

AFAIK the DS has a 2 year warranty.

This 'fell' within the warranty period and Nintendo sorted it out for me. Thanks for the steer in the right direction folks.

Hi hansov,
Do you mind if I ask who exactly you contacted re: the broken hinge. My sons ds-lite has same problem and it would be great if i could get it repaired....

Thanks

Sorry I don't have it here at work. I googled nintendo service centre Europe and got a UK address, who I then emailed first. Here it is:

They then told me how to return the DSL