nikon Coolpix P4/Family Album

sloggi

Just discovered an issue with the above camera, which I purchased from Family Album within the past 12 months. Despite battery charging, the camera wont turn on - when battery is inserted . Camera was last successfully used at Xmas and to my knowledge wasn't dropped or anything. My local camera shop says that the type of battery it uses - EN-EL5 variety - is relatively expensive to replace so cannot determine if this might be the source of the problem.

Anyone have the same problem with this or any other digital camera? What was the outcome?

Secondly, as I say, purchased through Family Album and have emailed them to find out what I do with (apparent) faulty electrical goods discovered within the guarantee period. Am awaiting a response, but has anyone had this issue and I suppose, generally, what happens when these kind of issues arise with goods purchases online/through a catalogue company?

Let’s hope it’s not a case of €450 worth of hard earned cash down the toilet!

Thanks in advance

C

Is an error displayed? Nikons are infamous for "lense error". Nikon will fix that under warranty though.

If you plug in the USB cable? A battery seems to be about €15 on the web. Mind you a battery shouldn't fail within a year but I wouldn't bother buying a new one. Sending it back should be straight forward enough. Ring them and start the process, if you don't get an email in a couple of days.

got an email back from Family Album, they are looking into the matter and treating it as a matter of priority, apparently! Hopefully they be as good as their word

Thanks for the replies. For info aircorba19, using the USB cable hasn't got a peep out of the camera either - strange eh!