Nightlife for the over 40 somethings....

delgirl

I have a few old friends from London coming to visit who would like to experience Dublin night life.

Is there anywhere in Dublin where we can go dancing after meal and drinks without feeling out of place with a crowd of 18/20 year-olds?

Is the Ierne ballroom still running "Adult Dancing" (in the Ballroom Of Romance and not the Stringfellows sense!)? I shouldn't really joke though as I'll be in the relevant age bracket soon enough...

how about Bojangles on Harcourt st? Too old for me but was there recently and had a great night. Great music and average is about 30-40

Thanks for that suggestion Baz2005 - I'll check it out.

ClubMan said:
Is the Ierne ballroom still running "Adult Dancing" (in the Ballroom Of Romance and not the Stringfellows sense!)? I shouldn't really joke though as I'll be in the relevant age bracket soon enough...

ClubMan – may all your wrinkles be deep, your hair turn the whitest shade of pale and may all your bits go south before their time!

If Zhivago is still going (!!!) that would be a walk down memory lane for them

If you wanted to head out of the city to the Northside, I believe 'Tamangoes' where the gang still goes is still running! Ah, memories...........................................

O'Dwyers on Mount Street used to have (showing my age here) an after-hours place upstairs catering for an older demographic. Older, that ist, than what was on offer downstairs.