nice restaurants in marbella

narky

we are heading to Marbella (skol apartments) next week. have never been before and yes i've been told it's expensive but can anyone recommend some nice cheap and cheerful restaurants seafood or italian type or nice steak house.

also seeing that i don't even know where the skol apartments are does anyone know what they're like or any restaurants near them. think they are near enough to the old town!

also any recommendations for same as above for san pedro. will have friends there so will want to visit!

thanks

The Skol are on the promenade in Marbella. Loads of restaurants (cheapish and expensive) around that area. Also close to Golden Mile where I would recommend Villa Tiberio for a special occasion. Also lots of restauarnts in Orange Square, a few minutes walk away.
If going to San Pedro you could also travel a few more miles up the hills to Benhavis. Lovely village and plenty of restaurants.

thanks for the reply conan. will bear that benhavis place in mind when we are tired of the marbella scene!

The Skol are not near the Old Town but right on the promenade where there are lots of Menu Del Dia restaurants serving good food at very reasonable prices. The Old town is on the opposite side of the main busy road that cuts the resort in two. Lots of more expensive restaurants there.

hey thanks, i'm a dope i think i meant orange square instead of old town. would i be right in saying we will be near enough to that?

Orange Square is in the old town part of Marbella. If I remember right its about a 15 min walk from the Skol.

Hi Narky,

I visit San Pedro quite regularly and we always go to a lovely restaurant by the beach there called Rafa's Bar. It's very friendly, the food is great and the prices are excellent. I'd definitely recommend it.

Enjoy your trip!

I was in Marbella in June. We were looking for an Asian/Thai restaurant. We found one which ticked all the boxes but it was empty, We decided to go to a Chinese restaurant down the street where there were 12 odd tables occupied so felt it was a safer bet, We grabbed a table and ordered. It was muck. The bill for 2 adults and 2 kids foe 3 courses with 2 beers and a milk was 30 euro and that is why is was busy.

We looked at the other restaurant again where prices were about 40% dearer and realised we should have went there in the first place.

Lesson learned.

I'd a lovely steak last week in Da bruno's on the golden mile in Marbella, aboslutely gorgeous!!

Elvesino's in the square in San pedro is very reasonable and great food! As are the tapas in el Paso tapas bar also in San pedro..

Try Becketts, I can't remember the address but it is really nice food.

Watch out for a place on the golden mile, which has a host called elvis trying to tempt you in for breakfast. I received a good dose of salmonella poisoning there last year.

Yes Becketts just around the corner from Skol apartements been there twice, superb.