nice reasonable hotel budapest close to oktogon/ andrassy not too expensive?

bondiblues

heading over to budapest in a few weeks, anyone reccomend a hotel somewhere close to oktogon/ andrassy not too expensive, thanks

Re: nice reasonable hotel budapest?

heading over to budapest in a few weeks, anyone reccomend a hotel somewhere close to oktogon/ andrassy not too expensive, thanks

When the hotels there say 4 star its more likely to be a 2 or 3!

Why not get an agent to put you up in the meridien on an inspection tour and then diss them off the next day!

I've heard a few people do this!

Why not get an agent to put you up in the meridien on an inspection tour and then diss them off the next day!

unfortunatly i already have an appt out there, just heading out to open a bank account, so no business with agents really

I actually did this ! Not on purpose as I was going to see property, but I got a 3nt deal in the Meridien - a fab hotel by the way - for €139 & they wined me & dined me in high style. Problem is you do spend a lot of time looking at their properties !

Look up the usual websites. www.otel.com www.roomex.com . I stayed in Elite apts if this would do you. They're on Wesselenyi Ut (close to Deak Ter) & quite reasonable.

Hotel Oktogon just opened. It's in a newly refurbished classic building, next to Andrássy on Eotvos utca:

[broken link removed]

€29/night for one of the 6sqm rooms.

It's not going to beat €29 a night, but the Radisson is nearby as well, at €110. I stayed there a few years ago.

I can recommend the NH hotel in Dis 6 (nice cheap brand new hotel), or the Hilton Westend around the corner