Nice or Algarve

J

joer

I am looking for any info for early May,weather wise.
Cant decide on which location would be better for a holiday. Also i would welcome info on good hotels in Nice . Thanks.

Stayed in Nice for our honeymoon. It was september fairly cool. Very much a tourist place, the standard of food was a bit low, good fun looking at all the yachts. No free bits of beach. Clubs for rich brats dressed head to toe in white, never saw so much champagne!

Definitely Algarve -warmer, less expensive, plenty of beaches which will not be crowded in May. And head for the western Algarve - my favourite is Lagos, but that´s just a personal preference. BUT, you are not guaranteed good weather every day - you only really get that June-August. Still it should be mainly good unless you are very unlucky.

Nice or the Algarve?
Not similar holidays TBH. Nice in May should be pleasant but not as warm as the Algarve. Nice is a good base for seeing Monaco, The Italian Riviera, Provence, Cannes etc. The Cannes Film Festival is in mid May. Museums, galleries shopping,theatre, etc should be better in Nice

" He would say that wouldn,t he? " - we have a holiday home there.
I can't advise on Hotels

Back