Nice in August

K

keen

Travelling to Nice in August with my husband and 4 year old and was just wondering if anyone could suggest a nice hotel (not too expensive) to stay in. Suggestions would be most welcome.

We recently stayed at the Mercure Nice Cap for €85. It is down by the Airport, but has a pool, 3 min walk to the beach, tea/coffee in room, and the huge shopping complex Nice Cap 3000 on the doorstep. Bus in to the top of the Promenade des Anglais - €1. Hotel also has free shuttle bus for airport.

We stayed at the Hotel Suisse the previous days at €195 per night. No pool. But views were outstanding. Mercure was better value by far.

Enjoy!

Can't help with the hotel as I haven't stayed in Nice but try visit Villefanche-Sur-Mer. Beautiful town with great restaurants about 20 mins from Nice. There's a bus that goes right into the town. It's one of my favourite places.

Stayed in the Massenet Which cost around 100€ per room.
Its very central (beside Opera) in old town and a few steps from the promenade.
Of all the places ive stayed in Nice, its one of the best for that price.

Can't help with the hotel as I haven't stayed in Nice but try visit Villefanche-Sur-Mer. Beautiful town with great restaurants about 20 mins from Nice. There's a bus that goes right into the town. It's one of my favourite places.

+1. Great place to stay. The bus runs from Nice to Monaco (villefranche on the way to Monaco from Nice) every 15 minutes and costs €1 (even if going all the way from Nice to Monaco)

Agreed about Villefranche, I love it too!
However, the quality and price of hotels there is not as good as Nice, unless you go 'upmarket' and or maybe stay in Boileau (bedside Bono!) down the road a mile.

I would recommend any of the hotels in the Accor group - particularly the Mecure - [broken link removed]. I have stayed in the Mercure Notre Dame many times - metro outside it. There are Mercures closer to the beach etc.