nice hotel in san francisso

minkydog

Can anyone recommend a good value family friendly (kids aged 4 and 5) in San francisco close or in tourist areas. Will be going for three or four nights and all suggestions about things to do are also welcome. Have been looking at hotels and feel a bit banboozelled at the amount of them. We won't have a car so I guess we need to be close to most things
Thanks

When riding the cable car, go to the SECOND stop. you can beat the lines that way, the operators are not allowed to fill the car at the first stop or terminus.

Also, wrap up warm, it's quite chilly there in the Summer, there is a unique micro climate.

We stayed at the Huntington a few years ago and found it very satisfactory. We did not have children with us on that occasion.

http://www.huntingtonhotel.com/

San Francisco is very hilly and is very difficult for walking with young children.

Sorry not recommending a specific hotel but I would recommend for a family group to book their stay in Fisherman's Wharf rather than Downtown. A lot of the hotels Downtown are close to or just skirting the Tenderloin. Have fun its a great town.

I would be keeping well away.