nice hotel in paris?

vladamir

Hi,

Looking for an impressive hotel in paris. ideally 5 star and on champs-elysees.

have looked at a few places on-line but just thought i'd ask for recommendations before booking.

price seems to be in the 1500 euro range for two nights for two persons.

thanks.

Re: rec. nice hotel in paris?

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately no!!

early days. just trying to do something nice and unexpected. has to be paris though.

Last edited:

I stayed in this hotel recently. It is very good hotel in central zone 1 for less then 100 euros (thats including breakfast for 2 people and room with the view of effiel tower) . Its rating is excellient on trip advisor.

and it walking distance to latin quater and montparnasse SNCF station (very good if you would like to go to versallie, there is direct train)

Hotel is not exactly in the center of montparnasse area ( it is 5 mins walk ) but considering what is offered for the price I paid for it , it is certainly worth it.

http://www.novotel.com/gb/en_savoir_plus/ouvertures/paris_montparnasse.shtml

The George V is your best bet for a special occasion...stayed there two years ago and it is phenomenal.

thanks for the tip KAL eI - that place looks just the job - but This post will be deleted if not edited immediately its 2k for two nights in a decent room ouch!!! i guess in the words of roy orbison and bon jovi - love hurts!

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but in a city like Paris, hotel rooms should be the last thing on your mind!

For a lovely hotel try the Relais St Jacques in the Latin Quarter [broken link removed]

Okay so it's not on the Champs Elysees but much as I love Paris, I wouldn't want to stay there if you paid me. I adore the Latin Quarter, full of life and this hotel is so Parisiene...and cheaper than the Georges V!!

thanks sheshells.

latin quarter actually sounds good. that website doesn't seem to show pics of the rooms though - and you're right - hotel least of the worries - however, i had a bad experience years ago with a hotel, it was horrific and i just couldn't stay in a **** hole again that looked great on-line!

thanks for the tip KAL eI - that place looks just the job - but This post will be deleted if not edited immediately its 2k for two nights in a decent room ouch!!! i guess in the words of roy orbison and bon jovi - love hurts!

If you stand back it is outrageous but it is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in...were I planning an engagement or special occasion I wouldn't hesitate to go back.
Plus two grand is not a million miles away from the fifteen hundred lids you had in mind!

KalEl, are you spoken for ?
Wouldn't mind a man who treated me like that !

Don't have personal experience of staying there but when I walked past Hotel Meurice on Rue de Rivoli I was majorly impressed by exterior. I can vouch for Angelinas which is next door - absolutely fabulous tea shop place, just the job for gorgeous cakes etc.

If you click on "the rooms" and under the first 2 pics there's a "Next" button, use this to see more pics. Also pics on expedia. If you do have some cash to play with I'd upgrade to a suite, we've had 2 rooms there, one was a lovely size, the other was "bijou"!!

It's a lovely hotel...cute little bar is ideal for drinking champagne in!

Hi,

I am hoping someone can recommend a nice but not too expensive hotel in Paris. Planning to head over in March. We don't plan on spending to much time in the hotel, so location is most important. Perhaps a three star hotel in the Latin Quarter? Thanks.

Stayed at Hotel Verneuil a few years ago and loved it. A small boutique hotel, in a great location in St Germain de Pres, not too exensive and very tasteful.

[broken link removed]

For a reasonably priced hotel in the Latin Quarter it has to be the Comfort Inn Andre Latin on Rue Gay Lussac. We've stayed there probably 10 times and head back for the rugby next weekend.

It's around the corner from the Relais St Jacques (my more luxurious recommendation for special occasions) and less than 5 mins walk from Luxembourg RER station - on the direct line from Charles de Gaulle airport.

see for more info

The George V is your best bet for a special occasion...stayed there two years ago and it is phenomenal.

Another vote for here. Over the years consistent, top-class, simply the best - we still have a lot to learn in our so-called "hospitality industry".