Nice hotel Dublin City Centre?

Bonafide

Can anyone recommend a Nice hotel in Dublin City Centre for a Saturday night stay. We are going to see Faith Healer in The Gate in February. We would usually stay in one of the Jurys in Ballsbridge/Landsdowne, however would like to stay closer to City Centre. Any suggestions would be welcome - preferably ones on the web so I can have a peek.

Quality Hotel on Cardiff lane off sir john rogersons quay. Brand new, fab bar great food, ten min walk trinity/oconnell bridge. has a gym and pool too. Id say it about as Jurys Ballsbridge for price and rooms.

Thanks Monkeyboy. I will check it out. Shame I won't be able to go to the rugby also. This weekend has to be about the Mrs.

Bonafide said:
Thanks Monkeyboy. I will check it out. Shame I won't be able to go to the rugby also. This weekend has to be about the Mrs.

I think his point was about price and availability. It is common practice for hotels to increase their room rates on such weekends. Also, given the higher demand, getting the type of room you want in the hotel you want is more difficult.

Last year I was in Edinburgh for the Scotland RBS 6N game. On the Thursday night our room was £75. For the Friday and Saturday nights the rate was £150 per night, for the same room.

Thanks Tarfhead, a bit early for me yet

We are away that weekend thankfully.

Anyone ever eat at the Tracadero on Andrews Street for a pre-theatre meal?

Yes, Troc 'early bird' is very nice.
A bit old world both in food ambience and service.
Nice though you may need to book as its popular.

Just booked now, thanks for the heads up Runner. Nice pre-theatre menu anyway

€21.70
Served between 5pm & 7pm
Vacate by 8pm sharp

Winter Vegetable Soup
Roasted red peppers with rocket & balsamic vinegar
Fried Brie with a sweet cranberry sauce

Sauteed Chicken Liver Pate with Cumberland Sauce & Hot Toast
Roast breast of Barbary duck with Redcurrant Gravy
Chicken Breast in Parma Ham with a Celery Cream
Poached salmon with a parsley sauce
Cannelloni filled with beef & spinach
Spanokopitta Spinach, Feta Cheese in pastry with Yoghurt, Mint Sauce & Pine Nuts
Freshly brewed tea or coffee

MMMmmmmmm!!!

Any suggestions as to another perhaps smaller hotel with a little more ambience/character in the city centre?

Bonafide said:
Any suggestions as to another perhaps smaller hotel with a little more ambience/character in the city centre?

why not try the royal dublin its almost next door to the gate

Brooks Hotel might be worth checking out. Good location, adjacent to Wicklow Street, Grafton Street and South George's Street. Car Park opposite and 5 mins from the Trocadero and other restaurants. A nice stroll to Gate Theatre thro' south to north city centre via College Green or by bus from George's Street.

[broken link removed]

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/brooks_hotel.shtml

Bone a fide/ we are hitting the same theatre..... but it's early in the year.reply on the boards.

The Parliament is a lovely hotel -right opposit Dublin castle. And they have other hotels in town too if that one is too expensive or booked out.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I will look into these options over the weekend. Cheers!