Nice for Summer Hols

Happy Girl

Usually head to spain/portugal for annual 2week hols. This year thinking of south France. Any ideas/recommendations. Anybody any thoughts/recommendations on Nice or any other areas in the South of France and apartments to stay in. Have 2 kiddies (10 & 14) with us. Would just like something a little bit different from the typical 2wk Budget Travel hol in the sun yet not something the kids will be bored out of their trees with. Would appreciate any suggestions.

We have spent this past two summer holidays in the Lanquedoc region of south west france on a campsite near Argeles sur mer, returning this year for a 3 in a row !!
Having done several of the budget travel package holidays for years, theres no going back there after having the campsite experience. Great for kids of all ages !!
PM me if you would like further info

If you head down to Antibes, flying via Nice airport and using €1 per trip on the local buses, you won't go far wrong. You can get buses or trains all along the coast choosing somewhere different to go to everyday. Antibes itself has a couple of lovely beaches as well. If you choose a holiday apartment try www.holiday-rentals.co.uk and look for an apartment in the Old Town. They have recently upgraded their website and unfortunately it is not as good as the old one taking forever for the pages to load. However stick with it and look for a two bed. Try and choose an apartment owned by a British person as their prices are designated in Sterling.
Lots of good restaurants, a very good supermarket and join the local library for free internet/email use (bring I.D.) with you.

I'm going to Nice for a weekend at the end of the month. Going to book a hotel called La Perouse as it seems ideally located near the old town and the promenade d'anglais.
Any recommendations for must do's / see. restaurants / bars etc.
also is a half day trip to monaco or cannes do-able during a 2 night stay?

Thank you for all suggestions and recommendations. Any ideas for what to do with the kiddies while there. While they are good walkers I do realise temperatures will be high around end June/early July so need to be realistic as to distances they will walk. Any theme parks etc. in the area? Also have been told Nice can be quite expensive? Is this true?