Nice, any recommendations?

rsta

Going to Nice, France next month for a long weekend. Its my first time going. Has anyone got any recommendations for what to see and do? Any absolute must-see's ? How about any good restaurants too !

Many thanks ;-)

I stayed in the Hotel Gounod last week, see my review on Tripadvisor. When you get off the plane you can get the number 98 bus in to the centre, passing along Promenade des Anglaise. It costs €4 and saves on taxi fare. The nice thing about the ticket is that it lasts all day on the buses. Because we had an early flight with Ryanair we re used the ticket to visit Ville Franche sur Mer and back, so great value all round. You can get the bus there, number 100 I think it was, from the bus station which is close to Place Garibildi. Get off in Ville Franche at Place de L'Octroi. Nice is expensive. For example a bottle of Evian water with our lunch was €6, ask for tap water. A good Menu du Jour for €13 is to be had in the Old Town at Chez Palmyre on Rue Droit.

You could always take a trip into Monte Carlo to check out the sights. You can go by bus or train and well worth a look. Not expensive to get their either

Back