Nic shortfall

Gmiske

So on hmrc website all my years are 824.20 so class 3 but I wrote to them and now the majority are class 2 as per a letter I received about a week ago.
Checked today on website they are still all Class 3...anyone any idea how long before website will be updated? What is process to pay after that? I have clicked on link but it says I can't pay for gaps online.
Called future pension centre a few times but not got through to anyone.
Any advice much appreciated.

I spoke to a lady this morning and she confirmed it will take a few weeks for your forecast to be updated . My lump sum is over STG£2K - is it better to pay via my bank PTSB or Revolut?

I had/have the exact same. Go by the letter now, online will take forever to update. I found Revolut to be seamless as I was able to pay the exact amount. I executed the transaction last Monday and spoke to somebody 15 minutes ago, payment has been received and they are currently allocating to the years I wanted.

I had/have the exact same. Go by the letter now, online will take forever to update. I found Revolut to be seamless as I was able to pay the exact amount. I executed the transaction last Monday and spoke to somebody 15 minutes ago, payment has been received and they are currently allocating to the years I wanted.
Great to know. Going to pay then by Revolut later. Seems like the best way

Thanks so much really appreciate your help.
I will probably go revolut route too.

Just to clarify something, which seems to cause confusion.
Before you have paid for any year, it is always at "Year is not Full" on the app
No matter if they have written to you to confirm Class 2, "Year is not Full" always defaults to £824.20,
when you click on view details as per:
1724256160307.png

After you pay up (at Class 2), it still does not show the money paid rather it gives "Full Year" and 52 weeks of self employed
as per:

1724256375276.png

Always go by the reply they sent to your CF83!
Hope this helps

Just an addendum to my prev post that i have noticed just now
If you actually paid National Insurance Contributions in the UK for a particular year, In the App, it will show you the actual money paid as per
1724257033113.png

Back