NIB - Visa statement error

Complainer

Did any other Askaboutmoney readers have the same problem with duplicated transactions on NIB's Visa statements, as described in [broken link removed]?

hello Complainer, yes I had the same problem with NIB in April. The statement said statement no. 12 same as the one in March. I called and they said that this happened to all customers.

On another note, I noticed their ATM transactions are not showing correctly on the statement. I used a BOI ATM in a Dunnes outlet and the detail on my satement was "BOI ATM DUBLIN". Another time it was an AIB ATM and it said "AIB ATM D533 Unknowan"

I am thinking of changing to another bank. They are going downhill since Danske took over.

Downhill isn't the word...

Ring them up (number on back of card) to clarify.

Something similar happened to me a while ago, and it was re-credited.

IMHO NIB has improved since Danske took over. Their online banking is great. I wouldn't switch over a statement glitch.

Yes I will agree, their eBanking is one of the best and most secure I would say. However, the statements are not showing proper details, when i used an atm its said AIB D533 Unkonwan - how do you reconcile your account with these descriptions?

Yes I will agree, their eBanking is one of the best and most secure I would say. However, the statements are not showing proper details, when i used an atm its said AIB D533 Unkonwan - how do you reconcile your account with these descriptions?

By thinking back to when you withdrew that amount from an unusual or 'Unknown' AIB ATM machine on that particular day-one in a shop for example? Or by checking your ATM receipts to see which one tallies with that withdrawal?

I'd agree their online banking is excellent - probably the best of all the banks here (I've experience of BoI, AIN and Ulster too).

However, the general service has gone down in the last couple of years (been with them for over 20).

However, the general service has gone down in the last couple of years (been with them for over 20).
I suspect that's the case with most banks. I probably only have occasion to visit my branch once a year. You do need to know what you're about going into any bank or shop if you want to minimize being messed around.

hello Complainer, yes I had the same problem with NIB in April. The statement said statement no. 12 same as the one in March. I called and they said that this happened to all customers.
Thanks for the update. I'm amazed that they haven't sent out any written correction or clarification. This is much too serious to be dealt with by phone.

In general, my service from NIB is pretty good and the eBanking is great, which is why I'm so dissapointed with their handling of this issue.