NIB clever innovation : text msg after every atm withdrawal.

ajapale

I dont bank with NIB but I noticed while using their ATM that they offer their customers a free text msg after each ATM withdrawal.

I think that this is a very clever innovation!

I am an NIB customer, have not noticed that. Is it only after a withdrawal at an NIB ATM?

Its not a new innovation but many banks in Asia do so... Some banks even send a text code to your registered mobile phone (linked with account) for every online fund transfer of big monies...

I've been with NIB for 5 years. Since the beginning they've had the ability to send you an SMS every time something is debited/credited to your account. You can configure it through their online banking system.

I dont bank with NIB but I noticed while using their ATM that they offer their customers a free text msg after each ATM withdrawal.

I think that this is a very clever innovation!

Is there a charge for this service? I've never heard of it and have never, afaik, been offered the service. I'm a NB customer

[broken link removed]

"Get an e-mail or sms stating your balance
If you are an eBanking customer, you can be notified of your balance in the form of e-mails or text messages. With this service, you can set up notification settings for your account, such as alerts for low balance or major incoming payments."

Costs:
[broken link removed]

The notification is available when lodgements are made and when the account balance reaches a certain level, not for every withdrawal. That's my understanding from the NIB site.

Thanks justsally,

Im not an NIB customer and this msg just flashed up as I was making a withdrawal from one of their ATM's.

I still think it is a rather clever concept.

aj

Yes, especially useful for avoiding incurring overdraft fees/charges on a fee-free a/c. And the service itself is free of charge.

The notification is available when lodgements are made and when the account balance reaches a certain level, not for every withdrawal. That's my understanding from the NIB site.

You can set it up to send the SMS whenever a transaction of X or more is executed. They have had it for years.
Having experienced most of the major banks, NIB have by far and away the best online banking.