Niagara Falls from new york

I haven't gone from the city to Niagra fut have gone from Rochester to Niagra falls. It's an amazing sight and is worth the trip if you can fit it in. It's about 400 miles from Manhattan.

The Falls themselves are spectacular, but the area around it is full of tacky cheap motels and the like (at least it was a few years back), especially on the US side.

nad,
I haven't done the trip but I considered it earlier this month. I read some comments on
(discussion board for New York) and the general consensus was that it is a very long trip to tackle in 1 day. A lot of the time is spent travelling and the weather can be quite bad this time of year. I personally think it is the sort of trip you would need to do when the weather is better.

Hi, if you're gonna take in the falls, you should probably do it from the Canadian side. Much better view and easier to access and not far from Toronto.

I did a trip last year from Newark to Niagara. Stopped overnight in Ithaca. Some really nice scenery around there with lovely walks. I think it would be a very long drive in one day. I didn't actually stay in Niagara as it was very tacky. I stayed in Buffalo. Thought it was a really nice city and I would go back there again. Stayed in the Hampton Suites, I would recommend it. There is a 20 min drive to the Falls from there. If you like shopping there is a great Outlet centre near there too.