Next of Kin and money in Degiro, N26, Rovolut etc

OMG_OMG

So having recently pulled the trigger and now being retired, I am trying to make a will to tidy things up in retirement and in case I check out at short notice.
Turns out we have money all over the place. In savings accounts, Insurance funds, investment accounts, Degiro, N26, Rovolut etc
Now I have written them all down, but it wouldnt be nice for next of kin to have to jump through hoops with all of those.
Does anyone know how you deal with leaving a note of who is next of kin on all those type of online account?
Some of them can only be accessed from my phone with my fingerprint.
I can give the password to my phone, but unless they keep a finger after i die, they are stuck.
Surely there must be a way to take care of this?
Thanks in advance

Write a letter of wishes and leave it with your solicitor. You can keep a copy at home with your papers.

It's your executor(s) who will have responsibility.

I don't use the 'fingerprint' technology anywhere, so I can't help you there.

Google, facebook & possibly others have a legacy policy which you should check out.

Edit to update: the letter of wishes is to provide details such as emails / passwords / list of accounts / pin numbers / life assurance etc.,
you can also include information on low value items / memorabilia that you might like members of your family to have.

Your Will appointing your executor(s) gives them the legal authority to act on your behalf; though your accounts will be frozen until Grant of Probate.

Consider putting a lump into a CU account and nominating one of your beneficiaries (spouse/eldest child for example); it means they have access to a sum of money quickly which can be of great help in the immediate weeks following your passing. Many CUs have a policy of adding to the savings if death occurs before a certain age. You'll need to check w. your CU.

Last edited:
I am sure that Degiro, N26, etc will have answers to your question in their Terms & Conditions or you can ask them directly

Back