Newtown Hall, Maynooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby6

Hey everyone, I would like to know if anyone has bought in Newtown Hall Maynooth and how they have found dealing with the builders so far?

Hi,

I bought a 2 bed townhouse in Newtown Hall. I've been talking to the foreman a couple of times and when last speaking to him, he said they'd be in contact in the New Year with regard to the fixtures and fittings etc. He seems ok and was prompt in getting back to me on a query that I had. My house is not meant to be ready until May so I haven't had many dealings as of yet. However, they haven't yet to contact me of their own accord so that does seem a bit strange.

Thanks! you should probably contact the bedroom, kitchen and fireplace people as soon as you can as they will just go ahead and fit everything without asking if you want any changes, we were lucky our house is supposed to be ready around the same time and they are fitting it out either this or next week, also there is a sale on at the fireplace shop untill the end of the month!

Thanks for letting me know. I better give them a call tomorrow to see what the plan is. Obviously they dont intend contacting me. What were the options for fittings like?

Yep, you should defenitely call them, modern kitchens, bedroom elegance and fireplaces direct, it was just by chance that we found out, any changes we made cost extra, the builder is very expensive if you want them to put in extra sockets etc and you have to pay him up front, you can change the fireplace, and alter the colour and amount of kitchen presses, one thing is if you want to change the kitchen drawers (they are very wide) then the cooker is moved over, the builder has to move the hole in the kitchen wall for the extractor fan, they should tell you all this anyway, also the builder will do the tiling but only after your snag list has been done and you dont get a shower connection in the main bathroom unless you get them to put one in!!!

Who may I ask did you contact in relation to the above? I've talked to the foreman and a woman in the Developers office and both have told me that they would be in contact when it comes to the 'first fittings' stage. Were you contacted by the buider at any stage?

The only time we were contacted by the foreman was in relation to the extra's (if we wanted any) we had to contact jenny @ modern kitchens, tom @ bedroom elegance and anyone in fireplace's direct, don't rely on anyone contacting you first!!

Thanks! you should probably contact the bedroom, kitchen and fireplace people as soon as you can as they will just go ahead and fit everything without asking if you want any changes...

Hi there. They've since contacted me and asked me to come in and have a look at the showhouse and discuss any alterations I'd like to get done. Looks like there was no need to panic. I was under the impression that they would never get in touch!! Anyway, thanks for your help on this. Keep an eye on the forums. There's also a forum on [broken link removed] that might be of interest to you.

Yes-[broken link removed]is a better place to discuss problems with snagging etc. specific to this development.

Status
Not open for further replies.