Newcastle Woods, Enfield?

bobby6

Hey! we would appreciate any help on this issue, we are considering buying a house in Newcastle Woods in Enfield, my girlfriend works in the Blanchardstown area starting in the morning at half eight and we were wondering what the traffic is like? is straight up the N4 and through Lucan the best option or through Maynooth and into Dunboyne and on to Blanch a better option? Has anyone bought in the estate? is Enfield a nice place to live? Thanks!!!!!!

i live in enfield and work in rathcoole, it takes me 30 mins, my o/h works in walkinstown and it take 1hr 15min. traffic is always heavy from the spa hotel and we all know what the m50 is like.
not sure of the dunboyne route though, it may be much better.

That sounds ok, if its 1hr 15 to walkinstown then blanch should be ok in an hour tops, would you recommend enfield? thanks very much!

well i'm originally from d22 and wouldn't move back to dub for love nor money. i love it here.
plus, those houses are lovely in n/c woods

Well you cant say better than that!! are nights out in dub city centre possible or is it into maynooth instead?

well, you could get a night link to maynooth and get a taxi up the road which is about 10 mins. there's also lots of pubs and a big club 5 min away and the hamlet court hotel.

From Bus Eireann....

"The Kilcock/Enfield Nightrider operates on Friday and Saturday throughout the year. Buses depart Busáras at 00.30hrs and 03.30hrs and operate via Ha’penny Bridge*, Heuston Station*, Palmerstown*, Liffey Valley*, Maynooth*, Kilcock and Enfield. (* - Pick up point only) Returning to Dublin, buses depart Enfield at 01.45hrs. Buses depart Kilcock at 01.55hrs and 04.55hrs. The fare is priced at €10."

The leisure centre and spa in the Marriott hotel is great too. I have no connection just a very satisfied member.

I go ballivor to blanch (and back) every day along the R156 ....

takes about 1hr but is very predictable. the main traffic problem is
getting onto the N3 at/around clonee ...
I'd avoid the M4/N4 due the traffic from Lucan spa onwards...

one thing about enfield is that it is still very busy with trucks inspite of the M4 - they really have the town destroyed from a people and traffic point of view...

Of late the issue with trucks I've found has really lessened. The gards have been quite active at stopping trucks from using the main street and they are re-routed at the ring road at the back of Glen Abhainn so traffic through the village itaelf is pretty good. I moved to Enfield approx 6/7 months and so far very happy there and glad we made the move.

There's not a huge amount in the village but the shops that are there are pretty adequate and Maynooth is only approx 10 mins or so for everything else you need. And as pointed out would also reccommend the Leisure centre at the Marriot hotel. The estate Newcastle woods...houses are lovely, very well built and finished to a good standard...am not commuting so cant really comment on the traffic in the mornings.

Hi there!

We moved near Enfield a couple of years ago and so far so good. The traffic issue has been resolved and I agree with the other people that the Spa/gym is absolutely fantastic.

We don't go out at all but I think we could do with a lovely restaurant.

I work around Blanchardstown myself and it takes me 50 min through Maynooth/Dunboyne although I have an early start. Avoid the M4 please!

Hi,
My partner and I are thinking of buying a house in Newcastle woods and we were just wondering if you went ahead with your purchase and if you could give us some feedback on the area and the commute (I work in goatstown)?
Thanks.