Newcastle United travelling to Dublin

Gulliver1

Hi guys,

I am a life-long Newcastle United fan from Dublin.

I travel over to St. James Park regularly to match the Magpies in action. Gutted that they are relegated!

However, it has just been confirmed that Newcastle will play against Shamrock Rovers in a pre-season friendly.

As I am from Dublin, I have already booked my tickets to the match! What I am wondering is whether you know, or may be able to find out for me, where the Magpies will be training as I would love to bring my daughter to watch them training. When I was her age Newcastle came to Ireland to play Bray Wanderers in a pre-season friendly back in 1999 (I think) and I was fortunate to be brought by my mum to watch them train. I got to meet all the players such as Srnicek, Hislop, etc. and I would really like to be able to bring my daughter to get her photos taken with the boys.

If anyone knows where they will be training during their time in Ireland, I really would appreciate it very much.

Real Madrid are staying at Carton House in Kildare when they come over to play Rovers (unlikely as it sounds) in July. Newcastle are probably staying there too. Platinum One organised the friendly with Madrid and has some deal with Carton, where there is a snazzy new training pitch. I think Platinum organised the match with Newcastle too - www.cartonhouse.com

Back