Newcastle Lyons-Newcastle Co Dublin

The developer is Maplewood. I previously had a house built by them and I was not happy with the standard of workmanship. That was during the boom, however, when builders got away with murder. Standards will have picked up now hopefully. Newcaste Lyons looks like a huge development

Hey marion1... i looked at Newcastle Lyon about 6 months ago. There is a wide variety of designs... something for everyone. At the time I looked at 3 bed, 3 story semi but I didn't go any further. As it turned out they are offering the 4 bed, 3 story semi for the same price now.
As MandaC said it's a big development and the Newcastle relief road is going straight through the development so it looks like it will have high volume of traffic. The other thing I didn't like was no assigned parking space... I'd expect at least 1 for a 3 or 4 bed house.
Also looking at other entries it would appear the small village life style is long gone, more of an on going building site. On top of that some developments are struggling to sell... so of the developers have gone to the wall.
I have heard from other auctioneers that carry out snagging & valuations that the quality is still in question for Maplewood.
At the end of the day you can read others opinions but you have to know what's right for you and what you're willing to live with.

Its a very nice location and the houses and duplex are superb.....Just hadnt enough savings to buy over there :(

Thanks for the information guys-I was looking at the 4beds but I have noticed that there seem to be none built yet apart from three-one of which is the show house. Would appreciate any more information any body has on this development. Also would appreciate any information anyone else has on houses in the general area...newcastle, saggart, ardclough

Thanks

They are three very different areas, so depends on what you are looking for. One of our relatives lived in Newcastle for the last 40 years and loved it. Couple of shops and a pub. All that has changed and the developments mostly all seem to be in the one area, there are way too many. Many of the old neighbours now want out. It reminds me as to what happened in new Lucan, except at least when the vast estates were built in Lucan there was a demand for them. Newcastle Lyons is out of balance with Newcastle, one Estate will probably have more houses than the rest of the village put together. To me, that defeats the purpose of moving to a small village.

Saggart too has its fair share of developments, but I do not think it has suffered as bad as Newcastle, or else they are better spaced.

Both of these would be an ok commute to city centre.

Ardclough would not have much development (if any) going on.

Back