Newcastle, England

J

joer

Can anyone tell me how much does a train from Newcastle Airport to Newcastle station cost and how long does the journey take.
Thanks

paid £2.70 for a single from airport to central station last thursday, just be aware that i think they're doing railworks on sundays so getting back for us would have meant getting a metro for a few stops then onto a bus for a bit then back onto metro again, sounded too confusing so we got a taxi for about £15 instead. the journey took about 15 minutes

Thanks for info.

Are there any Hotels or B&B close to St James Park to be recommended.

St James Park is in the city centre. When we were over for a match a few years ago we stayed in Jurys Inn which had just opened. Nice hotel located not too far from the night action !!

You should be aware that Jury's Inn is located in the gay district. A great place to stay in Newcastle is Jesmond. Not sure what your budget is but check out the New Northumbria Hotel or the Caledonian hotel in this area. Both are great. Jesmond is a 5 minute taxi to the city centre.

Enjoy..it's the best city in the UK.

Thanks

I stayed in Jurys the last and only time i was there. I was just wondering if there was anywhere better or closer.The weather was good on the last visit so it was a nice walk to St James Park.Lets hope the weather is good this September .