Newcastle 4 bed sem d thinking of buying

ecstatic

4 Bed Semi detached house 4 bed semi d costing 550k in newcastle co dublin.

What do you think of this price and the area wont be ready for a year ?

What is your current situation? Will you need local schools? Shops, job location? Future development on the property or family growth? Those are all important factors. At the end of the day, is the house worth the money to you for all the options it provides?

I would be interested in Newcastle if I knew exactly how close it is to Hazelhatch, and if you have to drive to Hazelhatch, the chances of getting parking at the station?

CCOVICH said:
I would be interested in Newcastle if I knew exactly who close it is to Hazelhatch, and if you have to drive to Hazelhatch, the chances of getting parking at the station?

1/2 mins drive (off peak). You wouldn't be able to walk as the road is quite narrow. It's currently a small car park but I don't believe (???) many people use it as it, or more pertinently the Celbridge estates, are poorly situated relative to it.

Newcastle is a lovely village, but the developers are changing the face of it daily as the land has been rezoned. Expect it to get bigger and bigger. There is only a small primary school, no secondary. The 68 bus is hourly(ish).

The train station in Hazelhatch is handy, but the carpark fills very early and the train is always packed, this will get worse as Celbridge is getting bigger, especially around the Hazelhatch road.

CCOVICH said:
Thanks for the info-so is Celbridge closer to Hazelhatch than Newcastle?

It's about mid-way. It's within the Celbridge townland but when the first Celbridge estates were being built from the 70's onwards they were all placed on the 'wrong' side of the village relative to the station. Housing is now being built on the Hazelhatch side but it's no closer than Newcastle.

There's talk of them expanding the carpark at Hazelhatch as its pretty crowded, have often driven past and seen cars doubleparked. Also heard that there are plans for an extension of the tracks to accommodate largers trains.

There are also 2 schools nearby in Rathcoole.

ecstatic said:
4 Bed Semi detached house 4 bed semi d costing 550k in newcastle co dublin.

What do you think of this price and the area wont be ready for a year ?

There aren't many amenities in Newcastle. 2 shops, 1 pub, 1 primary school, not much else. Celbridge has a lot more going for it and the houses on Hazelhatch Road are less than 1 mile from the train station. These houses are likely to increase in value as the train to Hazelhatch is being changed to a Dart service.