Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Hi Sel2

I'm in the same boat as you i was offered my house only a few weeks ago mine is one of the first few as you drive in as far as i can remember that is type B but i'm sure someone will know exactly what type are what.they are lovely houses and a very good finish on them. welcome to the site

Franklin

Hey Graham,

I signed my contracts last week and haven't heard anything back. I was waiting to hear back until i did my snag. I didn't think you could do it until you hear back. can you tell me who you spoke to, to arrange a time for snagging. Maybe Toms' number?

Also welcome to the Newbury Forum.

to own/occupy how is it going. spoke to mick the forman at the site. were at the house now and he said tom has to give the all clear to do the snag so we cant do it without tom's permission. mick said it can be done at nighttime. that security will let u in but u have to arrange a time with mick. mick mobile is 0862272350. hope this is helpful. thanks for repley

Thanks Graham,

My house is a 3 bedroom type A i think. Its the smaller of the 3 bedroom ones. I've had a good look round in it and taken a few pictures and i was well impressed. My oul fella has been in the building trade for 40 odd years so i was basically going with what ever he said, he was impressed so i didn't argue.

I called Mick and he asked me had i been sent a letter to do snag, i told him no so he told me to ring Tom. I left a message at Toms office and he called me back to say the solicitors had received my contract and that i can snag when ever i'm available

I just called Mick and i'm doin it tonight.

to own/occupy thats great news. up at the house at lunch time. talked to tom he said dcc is holding most of this up. he told me everything done. gas, ntl/sky esb is all done at last. he told me to keep the pressure on dcc to get this sorted. so if anyone is in the same boat as me get the pressure on them. also they were laying ramps on the road when we were tere. did a rough snag at lunchtime. only minor things. nothing to hold us up. hope your snag goes ok. let us know.

ok guys i have done my de-snag and all is well, im sure after moving in i'll notice little things but nothing to much (please god), also i am just waiting on the final piece of the contracts so i can draw down on the mortgage - when talking to Tom yesterday he said as soon as im ready to close, they will be also, so hopefully i'll have it all sorted in the next week,
ohh and by the way welcome to Newbury lads, Shamoan lol

My mortgage is being drawn down as I speak (or mail!). De-snagged yesterday (is that the right terminology??) and all is well..I should be getting my keys mid next week.....woooooooooooohoooooooooooo....it's been a long road but I'm almost there..looking forward to meeting you all!!

Hi everyone. I was up at lunch time to re snag I have a gap in one of my windows and my patio door needs to be replaced they were the two major things wrong and they werent fixed! I was talking to Mick the foreman and he said that the window people would be out tomorrow because they have alot of problems with other houses anyone have this problem???

I told him I wanted to close ASAP and he said that I couldnt close until the 26th??? Could anyone tell me if its possilbe to close before this time??

hi nevernever. talked to some girl in dcc. she told me they wanted everyone in by mid october. but this dcc so dont hold your breath.

I know the letter I got says closing ON the 26th, but my solc contacted the bank yesterday who told her that it would take 3/4 days to close...which would be early nxt week. Like a few others, Tom told me he's happy to close as soon as I'm happy..and I'm happy

I know graham they are really so slow its unbelievably!! I have a van with all my flooring and applicances sitting outside my mam and dads house!!

Anng i know tom told you he was happy for you to close did your solicitor ring the solicitor from DCC and confirm you can close because it really not up to tom its really down to DCC. I am waiting on my solictor to ring me back (she is waiting on a call back from dcc solicitor) to confirm that i can sign before the 26th???? Mick seem to think there was defo something that you couldnt sign until 26th and it was on DCC side of things.

I don't think my solc is dealing with DCC solc as I got my mortgage from bank??? I know she still had to deal with toms solc...Maybe I'm wrong and I won't be able to close until 26th but my solc hasn't mentioned DCC solc in ages...

i know never. dont think ive ever seen anything move so slow.hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. got my loan 2nd nov last year. so it will be 1 year by the time we get in. just cant wait 4 it now. my solicitor hasnt seen any contracts yet. hopefully u will be in by 26th.

I could be wrong also!! but i am getting my mortgage of the bank also and my solicitor said that you sign with DCC and tom gets paid from them so he hasnt really anything to do with contracts????

but if you solictor is drawing your money down he must have spoke to that guy Martin that was on the letter we received??

didnt receive any letter mate. im well behind u in gettin all this sorted. i wont be in till mid october. talked to my solicitor this morning he says this is crazy. talked to mick at the site 2day and he said tere is nearly 30 houses who have not done 1 snag list. this is all on dcc. tere holding this all up.

graham to be honest i would say we will be all in pretty much around the same time.......... Yours will move fairly fast at this stage

Anyone know what way the road is like how many kids, married people, young people leaving on there own etc etc??

i know someone who is on the residents assocation in the area and she told me the reason they got planning permission was that the houses go to people who are from the local area. im from beaumont and the girlfriend is from coolock. i heard a lot of families with plenty of kids. which would be good.

Hi graham im from the Dublin 3 area so I was suprised I got offered one myself!!

Familes and kids will be nice alright make it sort of homely

hi guys and welcome to the new guys,
jayz so many posts since yesterday

i am from coolock (clonshaugh) and back then (before the draw) i was already hoping to get the house in newbury wood. the planning signs were up for a year or longer before the builders came in and started, so i am at a desperate stage now to get the keys

i am getting the house through the shared ownership and i was talking to martin since the end of july. as far as i understand him, DCC are certainly not the ones who want to hold back anything. if it was up to him in july - he would have closed the sales 1st week of august but back then we had the ESB issue. anyways we can stay optimistic and nevertheless i will call him tomorrow to see how my paper work is doing

i agree, there will be quite a lot of families with kids which i think is great! i, myself have a toddler.