newbridge train.

buzzment

anyone get the train from newbridge to hueston and vice versa regular?does it be overcrowded at peak times and on time etc..cheers

Hi there,

I commute from Newbridge to Heuston. I get an early morning train and service is generally very good. When it goes wrong, it goes wrong, but this is actually quite rare believe it or not.

I always get a seat in Newbridge, even if taking later services. Some of the evening services home can be crowded, but if you're in good time for the train there generally isn't a problem.

With the tax-saver commuter ticket it actaully works out to be very reasonable to take the train.

The trains due in N/b at 7.54, 8.04, 8.16 and 8.23 at generally late arriving in N/B could be anything up to 10 - 15 mins late. This means there is a large number of people getting on these trains depending on when the previous train left. In the winter months some of theses trains are packed and remember the 7.54 and 8.16 has at least 2 additional stops to make. The trains generally make it to Heuston on time thanks to Irish Rail padding the timetable.

One thing to be aware of is that there is no integration between Dublin Bus and Irish Rail. If you decide to stay on in Dublin for a drink allow plenty on time to get to heuston. If you miss a 90 bus you could be waiting 20 min for the next bus. If this bus does not get to heuston on time you could be looking at the train pulling away from the station as you are running for the train. This happened to me - Madness.

If you miss the last train there is a [broken link removed]stop outside the main entrance where the bus to newbridge stops. I have used it occassionally and the bus has always stopped for me. The bus leaved Dublin - Busarus at 11.00 pm

If you do miss the last train there is a [broken link removed] to N/b stops outside Tesco

You have to pay on the bus but at least it gets you home

Hope this helps

there are other options to the 90 bus, the luas, the 92, a large number of buses that go either side of heuston leaving you on st johns road or conyngham road.

Just a note, the 90, 91, 92 and Luas are covered by the extension you can get on your rail ticket.

Any of the other buses you could get, you would have to pay for.

I dont find the train packed at peak times coming into town, really, only problem is if you are last to jump on the train on Heuston outbound.

The frequency of service would be more of an issue for me, rather than whether I get a seat or not, though I understand that Newbridge is the best served station on the arrow line.