New Zealand: Places to Stay in January

asdfg

flying to newzealand in late january for 4 weeks holiday .Staying in prebooked hotel for 2 days in auckland .Then driving from the north island to the south island.My question is any advice on booking places to stay as i usually have everything pre booked,also any recomendations on places to stay and see on the way down from the north island would be great.ay other tips would be wonderfull .Thanks a million for taking the time to read this thread.

Re: newzealand

Do a search on New Zealand. There are many many posts on NZ in this Forum

HI there

I spent 2 weeks on SOuth Island 3 years ago and have full list of where we stayed, what we did, tips on car hire etc. If you want to PM me, I will send it on

Man,
you gotta rent a "Maui van" for this trip, its your car rental & accomadation all in one, its the only way to do New Zealand, put "New Zealand Maui rentals" into google & you'll get their site.
Enjoy !!

I happen to he heading off for the month of January and I am also interested in obtaining your list if thats ok, we have decieded to rent a car but have not booked hostels or anything - might leave it till we get there, have the tent as backup :s!
So if you could PM me the list it would be great. thanks

I stayed with this lot http://www.budgetmotelchain.com.au/Members/Country.aspx in both North and South island (and also in Australia). All motels were very friendly, spotless, easy parking, etc. and you generally got a much more space (i.e. kitchen/lounge as well as the bedroom) than you would in a hotel. They also will phone up and book accommodation for you at your next destination.

Hi 2706eilis - I'm also interested in your list. am heading there for 3 weeks in November - dont know what PM means but if its good enough for nelly, its good enough for me!