New York with Kids

I

ixer1

Hi,
Bringing my wife & 2 kids over to Manhattan for Easter break, have been there a couple of times on business but would appreciate some of your thoughts on good things to do with a 3 and 5 year old (Dry days / Wet Days). Also would welcome suggestions for evenings if anything particurlarly cool comes to mind, there from 3rd to 13th April.

Cheers.

A show in broadway for the kids would be cool... You could do an afternoon show or an early evening. Shrek the musical is now showing.

We did a quick tour of a few american cities last year that tied n with some business and family events and spent a couple of days in NY with 4 year old twins and a 5 year old.

The Affinia 50 is a good choice of somewhere to stay with children.

The Natural History Museum was a huge hit with 4 year olds and a 5 year old.

A hotdog in the park, the subway.

For girls "American Girl" is very popular - book a meal. My twins celebrated their 4th birthday there and loved it.

We went to look at the statue of Liberty but there was terrible rain and we could barely see it from the Fort down at Battery Park and the kids refused to get on the boat to look at it so we went to Toys R Us in Time Square instead.

Went to the Top of the Rock with them too, good barriers to keep me sane while they got a good look around.

Meant to add both Fodors and Frommers do Guides to New York with Kids.

If you are not tied to NY 10 days is a long time. Maybe a cheap flight to Boston, (which our kids loved) or Washington ( which my kids would love if they get to)

Have a look at the NYC forum on www,tripadvisor.com - there's a sticky of trip reports from families. Full of ideas!

Thank you all for your suggestions, it's much appreciated.

Thanks.

Take them to see Ripleys Believe it or Not, its a museum for 'odd' things but very entertaining and passes time well!

There may be Disney shows on Broadway

The Zoo, Aquarium

The funfair carosel in Central Park

Trip out to Statue of Liberty

Theres also loads of toy shops!