New York this weekend!

Gulliver1

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are going to The Big Apple on Friday for a long weekend. We are staying in The Sheraton Manhattan on 7th Ave. - Does anyone have any past experience with this hotel?

Can you suggest things to do / places to see, eat, drink, shop etc. within a 3-day timeframe in the City ??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have you checked out ? (It might be too late to do anything other than request a specific floor etc if you have already booked and presumably paid a deposit by now?).

resturant called del fresco not sure of the address but if you like steak this is the place for you not crazy expensive but not cheap either. best piece of meat i ever had. enjoy your trip

ps you will probally have to ring ahead to book.

pss check out the mean fiddler bar just off time square really great place close to everything

Hi guys,

We are staying in The Sheraton Manhattan on 7th Ave. - Does anyone have any past experience with this hotel?

Thanks in advance.

I stayed at this hotel last year - the location is perfect, its right on Time Square. The restaurant in the hotel is very expensive so would recommend that you give that a miss.

Don't know about the culinary aspect of the Tavern - but a Google search will show it doesn't rate highly on the equality and racial front!

On a fairly recent short visit to NY I had lunch in [broken link removed] and [broken link removed]
and had dinner in Buddakan - you can check out the latter in the new SATC film.

All were fabulous.

Marion

Get the New York Explorer Pass [broken link removed].
Then, e.g.: try out the Circle Line; American Museum of Natural History; Ground Zero - then take a random walk down Wall St.; the Empire State Building; Museum of Modern Art; Metropolitan Museum of Art; Guggenheim Museum; the East Village (best for food and cafés; the Strand Bookstore at Union Sq., Staten Island Ferry or the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island; walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Send your GF on one of the Sex & the City tours and while she’s gone check out the low life.

i would feinitely recommend ahvong a plan of restuarants as it can be quite fast foody if you dont know where you are heading to. i didnt eat pizza for about 5 months after i came back!

Google Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House and book a table, or chance your arm and you might get a seat at the bar if you go early. Unreal steak!! Its on Av of Americas, pretty central location, near some tv studio, can't remember which one, defo worth a visit.