New York Shopping

BobbyFowler

I'm in Washington at the moment. We're heading to New York tomorrow morning for 5 days. At the end of our trip we're emigrating to Oz. The internet connection here in the hotel is crap & I keep getting cut off. I've looked at 1 or 2 threads but couldn't find an answer. I've travelled light & intend spending a day shopping for clothes etc. I hear there's all these outlet centres etc. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to the best place under one roof / area to get all this out of the way in less than one day.

Woodbury Common an hour bus trip one way but it has all the outlets your looking for just ask in the hotel they should have a brochure and get the bus from Union Square, it will take the day, but the value is excellent.

Jersey Gardens is similar , but closer. Bus No 111 from Port Authority on Eight Ave.

I would agree with the Jersey Gradens recommendation, you get trolleys in there for all your stuff, Woodberry Common has a silly locker system that menas you ahev to traipse back to teh locker after each big purchase (and WC is BIG) and the lovker is also tiny.

Hi Bobby,
I was in New York in May. Myself and my fiance went to Woodbury Common purely beacuse its outdoors and himself cant stand shopping centres. Jersy Gardens is more like a typical shopping centre. Ralph Lauren Polo etc are better in WC and a better selection for men especially. If its raining (which I presume it isn't) Id go to WC. THe buses are frequent enough from Port Authority. Go early in the morning, it opens at ten, bus takes an hour at least.

Jersey Gardens only about 20 mins from New York (depending on traffic) - Woodbury Common a good hour upstate. Woodbury has more European designer wear, but if you are looking for the American gear like Gap, Tommy H etc then you have it all in Jersey Gardens.
Tracy
[broken link removed]

Ended up going to Jersey Gardens on the Sunday. Great spot! Took 35 mins to get there with a bus from near Time Square. I'm not big on shopping & go to TK Maxx every few months to stock up. Wanted to make sure I saw all I wanted to see in New York before even considering shopping. We had some time on the last day so fitted it in. MrsF mentioned that it's probably not great for ladies clothes but she did get a pair of jeans for $125 which she said cost €400 at home. From a blokes point of view it was fantastic. Actually ran out of time + space to carry stuff. The place wasn't too busy either which was great. Worth a visit.