new york pass

salaried

Hello, I am thinking of purchasing the new york pass as we will be there for a week next month, Any feedback on your experience would be grateful.

Used it for a week back in 2008. If you're going to be sight seeing then it is well worth getting. Based on the value I got from it I'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks for your responses , I, in a selfish way would like to have a walk around the bronx and the queens area, And maybe greenwich village I dont know if I need a guided tour for this or not, We have been there before and did the tourist version but I would think my wife would enjoy it as much as myself if we got a feel for the real new york , Thanks again.

I thought it was a a great idea....mainly because of the 'skipping the queue' feature. I was there with my two aunts in 2008, and I was the tour guide, so it took a job off me. Also stuff you wouldn't think of...money off in shops etc. We used maybe 80% of it, and a friend who was going the next week used up the rest.

AMTC. Which attractions did you use it for and did you have to book in advance to be able to fast track queues or just turn up.

We did Top of the Rock, Empire States, outlets (booked that), Madame Tussands, two bus tours, Skating in Central Park, pre-dinner on Broadway (which was great as we were late getting in from Outlets and they sent someone down to pick up our bags)

If you are going for a week, try applying for a Big Apple Greeter. http://www.bigapplegreeter.org/ If you are visiting New York for a period of 5 days or more you can apply to have a local volunteer give up three hours of their time to show you around an area of New York for free, giving you all the local knowledge. We had one for Central Park and we saw loads we wouldn't have found on our own. They are particularly awesome in areas such as Harlem that people may be nervous about visiting without a guide.

Also have a look at those City Walk cards I posted, sound like just what you want for exploring less touristy areas.

would second shesells suggestion - I went with my mother and father in their 60s and 70s and the guide (obviously gay) took a shine to my dad and asked him out in the East Village. My dad despite being the most homophobic person I know thought it impolite to say no after the guy had given up his time. Myself and mother laughed over cosmos all night until a very thoroughly disturbed 75 year old father cam back to the hotel.

Thanks for all your suggestions folks, You have been very helpful, The greeter system seems perfect for me so I will try and get the others on board, Again thank you, Regards Salaried.