New York, Late August Seat Sale Probability

Headothelake

Hi all,
due to unforseen circumstances My family and I have to travel to New York in late august. I have been looking at flights and find them expensive. What are the chances of a seat sale coming up between now and then?
Thanks in advance.

Re: New York, Late August Seat Sale Poaaibility

Not a chance for late August, if you could travel 2nd week in September then you could get a bargin as the kids are back at school and demand is not so high.

Check out the fare finder tool on www.itasoftware.com You can't book flights on there but it will show you the cheapest available fares, especially if you're willing to make a stop or two on the way.

As for sales for August seats..like the previous poster said, not a chance. It's peak peak season!

There was a sale on aer lingus there recently to the USA - my friend got a flight for 475euro return to Chicago when the day before she was looking at them on same site for 888euro!
Tracy
www.shopusa.ie

Just booked Delta to NY for end August for 462 euro return. Aer Lingus for sames dates was over 700 euro so check around well! Just checked Aer Lingus now!! They've dropped their price from over 700 euro to 483!!!