New York Hotels

We stayed in the Buckingham a couple of years ago - don't know what prices are like now - but very central. Almost opposite Carnegie Hall, one block from central park & very near Tiffany & Co - in case you're feeling extravagant!

We stayed in Affinia Gardens www.affinia.com 15 minutes walk from Central Park, 10 Minutes from Bloomingdales and a subway round the corner. It's actually an apartment hotel, we had a one bedroom with 2 huge beds and a separate sitting room and kitchen. Loads of shops, delis and restaurants nearby too.

I don't know if you have been to NY before but personally I wouldn't be too bothered about being central as it's one of the best laid out, easiest to get round city I have ever been to. We walked most places ( I came back half a stone lighter!) or got cabs, I think we only used the subway twice the week we were there.

Dont stay in the Carter Hotel off Times Square. Its listed in the 10 worst hotels in the USA (Trip Advisor) and is the worst hotel in New York.

Stayed in the Lexington some years ago. Corner of Lexington Avenue and East 48th Street.
Walking distance to all the usual sights.

Back