new york hotel

AIDAN MORONE

hi,

we are going to new york in april for a four night stay.would anyone have any suggestions on where to stay,ie what hotels to recommend and what area to stay in.
i have been doing some searching and there are so many different parts to new york and so many hotels to choose from,i just dont want to make a wrong choice,

cheers,

aidan

You don't mention a budget but I'd recommend the Grand Hyatt beside Grand Central Station...it's about $300 per night for the room. I think it's well located, but avoid eating breakfast or drinking in the hotel as the prices are oddly high. There's a lovely breakfast place around the corner (walk out the front door, turn left, take the first right and it's about 150 yards down on the right)

Sofitel is excellent

Tell them you are on your honeymoon for a lovely bottle of bubbly

Happy Days

I stayed at the Sheraton Manhattan last August for $700 for 4 nights - I booked in on lastminute.com and it was a steal for that price. I would definitely recommend it as its right on Time Square but it was very expensive to eat there.

I stayed in the Pennsylvania hotel oppisite madison square garden a while ago it is an old hotel but a great location and pretty reasonable for manhattan.

i second grand hyatt. great central location.
have heard many bad reports about the Pennsylvania.

We got this hotel last year on Priceline.com for $120 a night!! Do a search on here for info on how to use priceline or else go to www.betterbidding.com Incidentally the hotel was won by bidding on a 4* in MTE.

Location is fab and hotel quite decent.

Avoid the Pennsylvania, serious hygiene issues raised on Tripadvisor recently.

I had heard bad reports about the Hotel Pennsylvania too and was a bit worried when my partner booked a surprise trip to NY staying at this hotel but we had a good experience and would recommend the hotel. Was very reasonable - just under €400 for three nights. And the location is superb - less than ten minutes from Times Square/Broadway. Short walk to Empire State Building; very central.

Have you done a search in this forum? this subject is regularly covered..

I can recommend comfortinnmanhattan.com - stayed there two years ago, excellent location and accommodation. Look out for Alex in reception, he has great ideas about where to go in the city.

I would never book a hotel without checking tripadvisor.com first.

You will have a brilliant time in NY, enjoy.

The Hotel 57 on (curiously!) 57th Street is excellent and, by NYC standards at least, good value. It's very near the southern end of Central Park and it's a great location for shopping - within two minutes walk of Bloomingdales. It's also a very safe area to walk about, even at night.

As others have said, the add-ons (minibar, phone calls, etc) are expensive and can swell the bill dramatically.

Depending on what you're into, the sights/attractions of NY cover the whole of Manhattan but they're all easily accessible via the excellent public transport sytem.

hi,

thanks for the replies.i have just booked a four star hotel called club quarters at the rockefeller centre,710 euro for the four nights,quite happy with that deal.

aidan