New York Hotel Prices

Dudley

Hi,

I am researching hotel prices in New York at the moment for September time. I have found a hotel I am interested in which is costing USD 1700 for 5 nights (approx EUR 1082 at current exchange rate). I have found very few cheaper. I was interested in the Radio City Apartments but there is no availabilty at the time.
Anyway, my question is this. Is USD 1700 a good price? My other half thinks that this is expensive but looking at a number of other hotels it seems okay to me.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

D

Daddy,

Good point! It's a budget hotel called the Herald Square Hotel. I just had a quick look on Google for mention of Stars but cannot find a rating.
Overall, it has received good reviews on Trip Advisor.

D

try I got a 4 star hotel there for $175 a night half a block from times square (going this weekend and can report back then!)

No affiliation with

Yes d'ont be in any hurry.

Price seems very high for a hotel that I cannot find a star rating on.

I too was going to suggest Priceline.com.

Start your bidding low for a 4 star in the area you want and for the dates you want
and retry every 24 hours. Start bidding at USD 150 a night.

You have loads of time to secure a hotel.

I reckon you would get cheaper than that to be honest we got 9 nights last year for 1100 euro it was feb but i shopped around to get that price as was quoted 1600 for same hotel same time. The belvedere on 48th, v central. Happy hunting.

Daddy & Shaking,

Thank you very much for your replies. I had heard about Priceline on here but was a bit nervous about bidding (don't know why really) but if we can get a 4 star hotel for $175 a night that's a huge saving.
Shaking, I will watch out for your verdict after you return. Enjoy your trip.

D

Thanks Foxy Lady.

I am certainly going to keep trying after reading these posts. I like the sound of the Belvedere - I had already looked at it but there seems to be no availability at the time.

D

Your welcome.

PS - I too got the 4* Millenium Broadway for USD 175 + taxes

Just back from New York spent 3 nights in the millenium broadway in times sq also got it for $175 + taxes can't rate it highly enough location is brilliant. We a large room 2 queen beds and a big bathroom.

Also stayed in the Hudson in November it's a boutiquey hotel which means tiny room and the whole place is very dimly lit it was much more expensive and not nearly as nice.