New York & Florida-Touramerica/ American Holidays??

johnno09

Has anyone used touramerica or americanholidays to book a twin center holiday taking in New York and Florida? Or what has been your experiences of using either of these companies? There doesn't appear to be much in the difference.

Any advice on getting the most from a trip like this, looking to do 6 days in each next Spring.

Depends what you like and who you are travelling with.
Florida's a big area. Are you meaning some time in Orlando - not much point without family- or do you mean sun and sea in one place? Without kids around I'd recommend a few days in Miami and then the Keys .
New York accommodation is dear which usually restricts most visitors to a few days. Again, depends on whether you have kids and how much accommodation you are paying for.

No difference between the two operators.

What do you mean by Spring? February is freezing in N.Y. and can be cool in Florida, except, usually, deep south.
March-April good for both. May fabulous in both.

But do advise on who is going and vague desires.

We don't have kids but we're big ones ourselves so about 2 years ago we spent a week in Orlando and did Disney we had a brilliant time. I booked everything online myself. I used priceline to get a fantastice deal on a hotel (it's one of those where you don't know the hotel's name til you pay so a bit of a risk). I researched how to do it on betterbidding.com.

We then went to Miami and got a 1 week cruise from there too (royal caribbean). Again didn't use a travel agent.

If it's a family, get onto VRBO or similar site and rent a condo in Florida - loads available and pretty good value. Book flights and accommodation yourself. Use to get good deals on hotels in New York. Try www.skyscanner.com to get flights. Why pay a travel agent when it's so easy to do yourself with Internet, Google and recommended sites? We do it every year, absolutely no problem. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for your replies folks. No kids (why spoil a perfectly good holiday :) ). Myself & herself are going and possibly another couple. We're definitely not interested in Orlando. More the gulf coast resorts for beach and activities. So we would definitely have to know where we were staying in Florida at the time of booking to see what was available at the resort. I thought american holidays were priced reasonable on their brochure for these resorts??
New york, not too fussy about accomodation. A clean room and a shower, centrally located would do the trick.

Various offers either of these travel agents have on from time to time seem to be fairly good even in comparison with booking yourself I thought anyway??

I really think you should try and book something yourself in both NY and FLA. So easy, works really well. Try Tampa, Venice Beach, Madiera Beach, Bonita Springs, Clearwater - all on the gulf coast. Just get an idea of prices on Hotwire so that you are aware of the market cost, as opposed to the travel agent cost. Your choice.

Back